Type: Main Dishes
This broccoli-ham casserole is wonderfully cheesy, and deserves to be on every cook's Top Ten List!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 4 cups frozen cut broccoli, thawed
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 10 Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers, made into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushroom soup, mayonnaise, egg, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and onion flakes. Spread half of soup mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle broccoli and ham over top. Spread remaining soup mixture over broccoli and ham.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over top.
- Lightly spray top with butter-flavored cooking spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- 1. Thaw broccoli by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute. 2. A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.