Type: Main Dishes
Your family will love this healthy broccoli quiche.
Serves: 4 servings
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 8-ounce package Sargento Light reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (bottled is fine)
- 8 ounces egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the mashed potatoes into the plate to form a crust and spray the top with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Into the prepared mashed potato crust, place the shredded cheese, broccoli, onion, and garlic.
- Mix together the egg and milk and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes, increasing cooking time by 10 minutes if the quiche was made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.