Butterflied Chicken with Lemon, Oregano, and Paprika
Chicken stuffed with lemon, oregano, and paprika makes a healthy and delicious dinner.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 50M
Serves: Serves 4-6
- 1 whole butterflied chicken, preferably free-range (you can ask your butcher to do this)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of 2
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Combine the oil, lemon zest and juice, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl, and mix well. Add the chicken, making sure it is coated in the marinade. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Put the chicken and its marinade in a plastic bag for better coverage, if you like.)
- Heat the barbecue until hot. Sprinkle the chicken liberally all over with the oregano, and grill over low heat for 40-50 minutes until golden and cooked through, turning frequently. Transfer to a plate, and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cheat...Cook over high heat on the barbecue for 15 minutes, then finish in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!