Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuit Cups
Type: Main Dishes
The flaky crust, the cheesy sauce, and the tasty chunks of chicken make this dish irresistible to children of all ages.
Serves: Serves: 5 (2 each)
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- Scant 2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of an ungreased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve at once.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli. 2. Fill unused muffin wells with water. It protects the muffin pan and ensures even baking.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.