Chicken and Broccoli Oriental
Type: Main Dishes
This new twist on stir-frying is so fast and easy -- you make it in the microwave!
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine teriyaki sauce, vinegar, molasses, garlic, and red pepper. Add chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Microwave meat mixture, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through. Stir half way through. Remove chicken from casserole and set aside.
- Retain marinade in casserole dish. Add carrots to casserole dish. Cook, covered, on high for 1 minute. Add broccoli. Cover and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir cornstarch into water. Add to vegetables. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes until Juices are slightly thickened, stirring halfway through.
- Add chicken to vegetables. Cook, covered, on high for 1 minute to heat through.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.