Chicken and Chili Burgers
Chicken and chili burgers will become an instant favorite in your household.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 fresh hot red chiles, seeded
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Put the onion, chicken, garlic, chiles, and cilantro in a food processor. Season with sea salt and pepper, and pulse until combined-be careful not to turn it into a paste. Pour the mixture out into a bowl, and mix in the flour and egg.
- Using your hands, roll 1/4 of the mixture into a ball, then flatten into a burger. Repeat until all the mixture has been used. Chill for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat the barbecue or charcoal grill until hot. Grill the burgers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon mayonnaise and fresh tomato slices.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!