Chicken and Pasta in Dijon Mustard Sauce
Type: Main Dishes
Chicken and pasta in mustard sauce is a dish that makes a spicy but tummy-soothing supper.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 full cup)
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Dijon Country Style Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup (two 2-ounce jars) chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 cups cooked rotini or penne pasta, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté chicken for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom soup, mustard, onion flakes, and parsley flakes.
- Add mushrooms, pimiento, and rotini pasta. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli. 2. 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.