Chicken and Vegetable Pasta
The taste and look of this pasta dish will inspire compliments!
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- l6-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked pasta (any shape)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley, optional
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Stir-fry broccoli, onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Add chicken and tomatoes. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables over hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.