This chicken-broccoli stir-fry uses spreadable fruit to enhance the flavor of the sauce.
Serves: Serves: 4 (scant 1 cup)
- 16 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plum or grape spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté chicken, broccoli, and onion for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit, water, and ginger.
- Add spreadable fruit mixture to chicken mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.