Type: Main Dishes
This chicken dish is so easy to make. Just throw the ingredients into a crock pot, and let it do the rest!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken tenders
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (bottled is fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6-ounce can tomato paste if needed
- Place all ingredients except tomato paste in the Crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add tomato paste if needed to thicken.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Serve over noodles and with a green salad.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.