This is a great light and healthy meal for the barbecue on a hot summer night.
Serves: Serves 4
- Kebab skewers (available in most grocery stores)
- 11⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 TB. olive oil
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 TB. chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- On grill skewers, assemble kebabs, alternating pieces of chicken, tomato, and onion. Arrange kebabs on a plate.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl and drizzle the mixture over kebabs.
- Sprinkle kebabs with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Grill for eight minutes or until done, turning to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with rice.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.