Chicken Parmesan Noodle Bake
Type: Main Dishes
This chicken noodle dish is incredibly flavorful, yet as healthy as can be.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped and undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, Sugar Twin, and mushrooms.
- Add Parmesan cheese, chicken, and noodles. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli. 2. 1 3/4 cups uncooked noodles usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.