This chicken tostadas recipe is a real treat for kids and parents alike.
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 8-inch tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sail
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or combination)
- 16 sliced, pitted, ripe olives Salsa, optional
- Heat tortillas briefly in warm oven until ready to serve.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chicken strips and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, and cumin. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- To assemble tostada, place a warm tortilla on serving plate, spoon on chicken mixture, then lettuce, cheese, and olives. Top with salsa, if desired.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.