Chicken with Chorizo
Type: Main Dishes
Inspired by Spanish cuisine, this is sure to become a favorite chicken dish
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 1 hr 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 9oz ( 250g) smoked chorizo, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- one 14.5oz ( 411g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 / 4 cup dry sherry
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes, until browned; remove.
- Add the chorizo to the casserole and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes; remove. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion. Cook, about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the coriander and stir for 1 minute. Add the peppers, zucchini, garlic, and thyme, and cook about 5 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, and sherry and bring to a boil. Return the chicken and chorizo to the casserole, cover, and bake 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- prep 10 mins; cook 1 hr 10 mins
Spicy Chicken Casserole: Add 9oz (250g) chopped new potatoes with the onion. In step 3, add a pinch of dried chile flakes.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!