Chicken with Cinnamon and Peppers
Cinnamon gives this dish a sweet and delicious taste.
Prep Time: 25M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1lb (450g) skinless boneless chicken breast halves (preferably free-range), cut into 11/2in (4cm) cubes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup hot chicken stock
- generous splash of chili oil, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put the chicken in a mixing bowl and rub all over with the cinnamon and paprika, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the peppers and onion, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until they start to soften. Add the chicken and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken stock.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with a generous drizzle of chili oil over the top and mixed salad greens on the side.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!