Chicken with Garlic
Garlic lovers can add up to 30 cloves of garlic to this easy and delicious chicken dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 leg quarters of chicken
- salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- at least 10 large cloves garlic (up to 30 if you're brave)
- 11/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley bread for serving
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add it to the pan, and cook until it is evenly browned on both sides for 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, and place the unpeeled cloves of garlic under the chicken on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, shaking the pan regularly, then add the wine, and scrape all the cooking bits from around the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Continue cooking for another 8-10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Arrange the golden garlic around the pieces of chicken, and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve with bread and the rest of the dry white wine.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!