Chicken with Herb Sauce
A punchy sauce for chicken
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 30 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- a few parsley sprigs
For the sauce
- 1 / 2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 / 2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tbsp nonpareil capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 / 2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and parsley and enough water to cover. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover, and let cool.
- Pulse the parsley, basil, capers, vinegar, anchovies, and garlic in a food processor until combined. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and thinly slice across the grain. Transfer to a platter, top with the sauce, and serve.
- prep 10 mins; cook 30 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!