Chicken with Noodles and Basil
A little honey goes a long way in this yummy chicken and noodle dish.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves (preferably free-range), sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10oz (300g) thick or medium ready-to-use udon noodles
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl it around the pan, and add the chicken. Stir-fry quickly for a few minutes until beginning to turn golden. Remove from the pan, and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the soy sauce and honey to the pan, and let bubble for a minute or so. Return the chicken to the pan along with the noodles, and stir so that everything is well coated.
- When ready to serve, stir in the basil. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!