Lemon juice brightens up this quick and healthy dish of chicken, zucchini, and red pepper.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed a sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 11/4 cups vegetable stock
- juice of 2 lemons
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Skin the chicken breasts, wipe with a damp cloth, and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Lay the sliced zucchini and strips of red pepper on top of the chicken, sprinkle with the garlic, and put a piece of fresh rosemary on each breast.
- Add the white wine, stock, and lemon juice, cover, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!