Classic Chicken a la King
This version of the classic chicken skillet dish is perfect for a gathering of friends on your patio, or for a quick Sunday supper.
Serves: Serves: 6 (3/4 cup)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Heinz Fat Free Chicken Gravy
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ounce jar) chopped pimiento, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 full cups (12 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine chicken gravy, peas, and undrained pimiento. Stir in sage, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Add chicken. Mix well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Lower heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- 1. Thaw peas by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute. 2. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.