Cod with Sesame and Spinach
Spinach and sesame seeds add healthy flare to this quick and satisfying recipe for any white fish.
Serves: serves 2
- 2 white fish steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 8 oz (250 g) young spinach
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°).
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, brush with beaten egg, and coat with sesame seeds.
- Place the coated fish on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and wilt the spinach leaves in it.
- Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, and the crème fraîche.
- Divide between two plates, resting the cod on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!