Coney Island Hot Dogs
The famous hot dogs served on Coney Island taste great nibbled right by the ocean, but you can savor the authentic taste right at home!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (8-count) package Healthy Choice 97% lean Ball Park frankfurters
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown ground meat and onion.
- Add tomato sauce, chili seasoning, Brown Sugar Twin, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer while preparing frankfurters, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, cook frankfurters in water for 5 minutes or until heated through. Drain well.
- For each sandwich, place a frankfurter in a bun and spoon about 1/4 cup meat sauce over top.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.