Cornish Game Hen Casserole
This Cornish game hen and vegetable casserole makes a deliciously simple dinner for holidays and special occasions.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 whole head garlic, peeled
- 1 21/2-3-lb (1-11/2-kg) Cornish game hen half a lemon a sprig of thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced black pepper
- Take two cloves of garlic, cut into slivers, and slide under the hen's skin.
- Rub hen with lemon, put the sprig of thyme inside, wrap loosely in foil, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven and brown the hen on all sides.
- Turn on its back and add the carrots, onions, and remaining garlic cloves. Add a little pepper.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!