Country Chicken and Biscuits
Here's a better-for-you version of old-fashioned chicken and biscuits.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Celery or Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, combine celery soup, skim milk, onion flakes, and parsley flakes. Add chicken and green beans. Mix well to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring often. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Evenly sprinkle biscuit pieces over top.
- Lightly spray tops with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.