Adding vegetables to couscous brings flavor and vitamins to a conventional side dish.
Serves: 4 servings
- 5.9-ounce box Near East Parmesan flavored couscous
- 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1/3 recipe carrots
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 15-Ounce can kidney beans, drained 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Add couscous with spice packet, peas, carrots, tomato, and beans.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and fluff mixture with a fork.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.