Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet
"Cordon bleu" is French for "blue ribbon." Even if you never learned a syllable of French in school, you'll still come out a winner when you serve this luscious chicken dish.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham, or any extra-lean ham
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 (3/4-ounce) slices Kraft reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté chicken and ham for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom soup, sour cream, water, and Swiss cheese.
- Add noodles and onion flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli. 2. 1 3/4 cups uncooked noodles usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.