Creamy Macaroni and Cheese with Green Beans
Type: Main Dishes
This macaroni and cheese recipe is so quick and easy, you'll have time to relax with your kids before dinner.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small fat-free saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, green beans, and Cheddar cheese.
- Add mushroom soup and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and parsley flakes.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over top. Lightly spray crumbs with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1. 1 full cup uncooked elbow macaroni usually cooks to about 1 1/2 cups. 2. A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.