Type: Main Dishes
Cauliflower is a vastly underrated vegetable. Its mild flavor and soft texture are perfect for children. It also wonderfully absorbs spices and sauces.
Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower with paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the cauliflower for about 6 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned and crispy. Sprinkle with the paprika and season with salt.
Reprinted from The Baby Bistro Cookbook: Healthy, Delicious Cuisine for Babies, Toddlers, and You by Joohee Muromcew. Copyright © 2003 by Joohee Muromcew. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold or directly from the publisher by calling (800) 848-4735 or visit their website at www.rodalestore.com.