Crispy Chicken Breasts
Your kids will love this healthy version of chicken nuggets.
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boned and skinned chicken breasts (8 halves)
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking pan with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Spray or lightly brush the bottom of the pan with half the oil.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the buttermilk in a shallow bowl or pie plate, and put cornflake crumbs in another.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the buttermilk then in the cornflake crumbs. Place the coated chicken into the prepared baking pan.
- Lightly spray or drizzle the remaining oil on top of the chicken breasts (this makes it crispy).
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.