Crispy Duck Char Sui
Everyone will love the crispy, sweet taste of this duck dish.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 45M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 duck thighs and legs, scored all over
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp five-spice powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put everything in a large bowl, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix together so that the duck is well coated. Wrap the coated duck pieces in foil, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue or charcoal grill until hot. Unwrap the duck, and place it on the hot barbecue skin-side down. Grill over high heat, turning frequently, for 10-15 minutes, until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate, and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the duck into slices, and serve with a crisp green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!