If your family loves the flavor of curry, why not surprise them with this chicken dish?
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken tenders
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (bottled is fine)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk or skim milk
- Place all ingredients except milk in the Crockpot.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in the milk. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with white rice.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.