Deep-Dish Turkey Pie
Your family will love this wonderfully old-fashioned and meaty pot pie.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced cooked turkey breast
- Scant 1 cup (4 ounces) diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a covered jar, combine evaporated skim milk and flour. Shake well to blend.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in turkey, potatoes, peas, carrots, mushrooms, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly spoon mixture into 4 individual casseroles.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, dry milk powder, and parsley flakes. Add water. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon about 1A cup batter over top of each casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Place casseroles on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked turkey breast from your local deli. 2. Thaw peas and carrots by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.