Egg White Frittata
Frittatas are the most fun you can have with eggs, especially if you match them with salsa or green onions!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 cups frozen vegetables of your choice, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- Spray 11-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, garlic powder, sun-dried tomatoes, Mrs. Dash seasoning and pepper; mix until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into pie pan.
- Frittata can be covered with plastic wrap, refrigerated and baked the next morning, or baked, covered, refrigerated up to 3 days and reheated.
- When ready to serve: Preheat oven to 350F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until egg whites are set. Remove from oven and serve with chopped green onions or salsa, or sprinkle with low-fat cheese if desired.
- Egg whites have certainly improved their reputation since the seventeenth century, when they were used as a popular form of ``laundry detergent'' in England.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.