El Rancho Fish Fillets
Type: Main Dishes
This recipe is good with any white fish -- from flounder and sole to halibut and cod.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 16 ounces white fish, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup (11/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Rinse fish pieces under cold water and gently pat dry. Evenly arrange fish pieces in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and parsley flakes.
- Evenly spread mixture over fish pieces. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For each serving, place 1 piece offish on a plate, evenly spoon sauce over top, and garnish with 1 table-spoon sour cream.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.