Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream
Horseradish cream gives filet mignon an unbelievable flavor.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 filet mignon or rib-eye steaks, about 10oz (300g) each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the horseradish cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Put the steaks in a large shallow dish. Add the oil and garlic, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Coat the steaks well.
- Heat the barbecue or charcoal grill until hot. Grill the steaks over high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking, brushing lightly with the oil mixture while cooking. Remove to a plate, cover with foil, and leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- To make the horseradish cream, put the mascarpone in a bowl, and stir in the horseradish, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Season with a little black pepper. Divide the steaks among 4 warmed serving plates, and serve with a dollop of the horseradish cream.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!