Type: Main Dishes
Fried monkfish is a good choice during your pregnancy
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 pound monkfish
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Brown rice or spelt flour
- 1 to 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the monkfish into 1-inch cubes.
- Add the basil to the flour.
- Beat the eggs well and dip the monkfish in, a few pieces at a time.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Roll the pieces of monkfish in the seasoned flour.
- Put the floured fish into the skillet, but do not overcrowd the pan. Fry gently, several minutes on each side, until the batter is crisp and the fish is done.
- Season with salt and pepper.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright Â© 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.