Ginger Lamb Stir-Fry
If you're tired of the same old beef and chicken dish, mix things up with this delicious lamb dish with Asian flare.
Serves: serves 4
- 12 oz (375 g) lean lamb
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- white part of 1 leek, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-in (2.5-cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Remove all fat from the lamb and cut it into thick strips.
- Put lamb in a flat dish with the sherry, soy sauce, and sesame oil, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil, then the lamb with some marinade. Stir for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Add the leeks and stir for 2 minutes, then add the green onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir for another 3 minutes.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!