Grandma's Special Spaghetti
This quick and easy spaghetti dish is a healthier version of the family favorite.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked spaghetti, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, Sugar Twin, dry milk powder, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add sauce mixture to browned meat. Mix well to combine. Stir in spaghetti.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 1 1/2 cups broken uncooked spaghetti usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.