Grandma's Turkey Pot Pie
This turkey pot pie is great comfort food!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 3 full cups (18 ounces) diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) diced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery soup, and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir in green beans and carrots. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, dry milk powder, onion flakes, and parsley flakes.
- Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth, sour cream, and water. Mix gently to combine. Pour batter evenly over turkey mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Lightly spray top with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 8 servings.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked turkey breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.