Feta cheese and red onions make this pizza a Greek delicacy.
Serves: 8 1 slice servings
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled nonfat or reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3-4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 14-inch circle. (For a thick crust, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.) Coat a 14-inch (or 12-inch) pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the dough on the pan, forming a slight rim around the edges. Set the crust aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the tomatoes over the crust to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle first the mozzarella and then the feta over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the oregano. Then spread the onion rings over the pizza, and top with the olives.
- Bake at 425°F for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned. Slice and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.