Grilled Swordfish Shish Kebab with Mango-Ginger Relish
Swordfish steak gives these kebab a more delicate flavor and is paired with a mango-ginger relish.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2lb (900g) swordfish steak, about 1in (2.5cm) thick, cut into 1in (2.5cm) cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and halved, each half quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved, each half quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Mango-Ginger Relish
- Build a fire in your grill. When the coals are all ignited, the flames have died down, and the temperature is medium-hot (see Gauging the temperature), you're ready to cook.
- Combine the swordfish, red peppers, onion, oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss until evenly coated. Thread the fish, red peppers, and onion alternately onto skewers, put them on the grill directly over the coals, and cook until the vegetables are tender and the swordfish is just done (4-5 minutes per side). To check for doneness, poke the fish with your finger to test its firmness (see The "hand method"); if you're unsure, cut into one of the cubes; it should be just opaque throughout.
- When the skewers are done, transfer them to a serving platter and serve, passing the relish on the side.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!