Haddock and Broccoli au Gratin
Haddock and broccoli sprinkled with cheddar cheese makes a delightfully simple dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) broccoli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz (125 g) grated Cheddar
- salt and pepper
- 11/2 lb (750 g) haddock fillets, skinned
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Steam the broccoli until barely tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the flour.
- Add the milk, heated to near boiling point, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add half the cheese, and a little salt and pepper.
- Butter an ovenproof casserole dish, put in the broccoli, lay the haddock fillets on top, and cover with the cheese sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!