Ham and Mushroom Pizza
Type: Main Dishes
Arrabbiata sauce perfectly complements lean ham and fresh mushrooms in this pizza.
Serves: 8 1 slice servings
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup Arrabbiata Sauce or bottled marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces ham, at least 97% lean, thinly sliced and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 14-inch circle. (For a thick crust, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.) Coat a 14-inch (or 12-inch) pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the dough on the pan, forming a slight rim around the edges. Set the crust aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the crust to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce. Arrange the ham strips in concentric circles over the sauce. Top with the mushrooms, and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425°F for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned. Slice and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.