Ham and Noodles in Cream Sauce
Type: Main Dishes
This luscious noodle dish overflows with good-for-you ingredients like ham and green beans.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cups hot cooked noodles, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) sliced green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a covered jar, combine evaporated skim milk and flour. Shake well to blend. Pour milk mixture into a large saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken, stirring often. Stir in mustard, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Add noodles, green beans, ham, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked noodles usually cooks to about 1 1/2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.