Ham and Swiss Casserole
What goes together better than ham and Swiss? This quick casserole is easy, hearty, and full of flavor.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 TB. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, approximately 6 oz., cubed
- 10 oz. broccoli florets, fresh or frozen (if fresh, about 1⁄2 head)
- 4 slices bread (I like rye.)
- 6 oz. cubed ham steak (1⁄2-inch cubes)
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat, and cook onion and chicken together until chicken is done, about six minutes.
- Meanwhile, if broccoli is frozen, rinse to thaw.
- Line an 8 × 8 × 2 microwave-safe dish with bread.
- Top with chicken-and-onion mixture, ham, and broccoli.
- Pour soup over all, top with shredded Swiss, and sprinkle on paprika.
- Cook on medium in microwave for approximately 12 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 3 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the microwave).
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.