Ham Corn Custard Bake
Corn "puddings" are a wonderful Midwestern tradition, and this one is especially rich in calcium and creamy good!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 2 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine evaporated skim milk, eggs, mustard, Sugar Twin, and parsley flakes. Add corn and ham. Mix well to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is set in center.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.