These burgers are enriched with onions and egg yolk
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1lb ( 450g) ground chuck or sirloin
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 large egg yolk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 4 sesame seed buns, cut in half and lightly toasted
- Combine the ground beef, onion, and egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper, and mix well with wet hands.
- Shape into 4 burgers about 4in (10cm) in diameter.
- Position a broiler rack about 6in (15cm) from the source of heat. Preheat the broiler and lightly oil the broiler pan. Add the burgers and broil for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer.
- Serve burgers warm in toasted sesame seed buns.
- freeze uncooked hamburgers for up to 3 months
- Good with your favorite condiments (ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise) and toppings (sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and dill pickles).
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!