Heartland Shepherd's Pie
Type: Main Dishes
Easy casseroles that deliver meat and potatoes in one hearty dish are a great idea for a hungry gang.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 2 1/3 cups hot water
- 2 cups (4 1/2 ounces) instant potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray brown meat and onion. Add green beans and tomato soup. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine hot water and potato flakes. Mix well using a fork. Stir in sour cream and parsley flakes.
- Spread potato mixture over meat mixture. Lightly sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.