Rosemary is not usually used with fish, but it perfectly complements the meaty flavor of swordfish
Prep Time: prep 20 mins
Cooking Time: cook 15-20 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 4 swordfish steaks about 6oz ( 175g) each, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the dish
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 / 2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Season the swordfish with salt and pepper. Lightly oil a large baking dish. Spread the fennel in the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the swordfish in the dish in a single layer. Top with the tomato and lemon. Mix the parsley, mint, rosemary, and thyme together, and sprinkle over the fish. Pour the wine and the oil over the fish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish look opaque when flaked with a knife. Serve immediately, with the pan juices.
- prep 20 mins; cook 15-20 mins
Herb-baked Tuna: Replace the swordfish with 4 fresh tuna steaks of the same weight. Throw in a handful of Kalamata olives and complete as above.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!