Herb-Coated Sea Bass
This fish dish is fancy and flavorful yet simple and quick.
Serves: serves 4
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed fennel, parsley, and tarragon
- 2/3 cup water and dry white wine (mixed half and half)
- 1 2-lb (1-kg) whole sea bass, cleaned, washed, and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine the onion and herbs with the water and wine.
- Slice the lemon thinly and remove the seeds.
- Lay the cleaned and dried fish in an oval, ovenproof baking dish and moisten with the olive oil.
- Pour the wine-and-herb mixture over the fish, cover with the slices of lemon, dot with the butter, and season to taste.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Baste while cooking.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!